Terms & Conditions
EFFECTIVE DATE OF CURRENT POLICY: February 1, 2020
THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION, REQUIRE YOU TO SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST US TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. UNDER THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST COMPANY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING, AND (2) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO SEEK RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS.
If you do not agree to these Terms, then you must exit the Site immediately and discontinue any use of the information or products obtainable or accessible through the Site. If you have any questions about the Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide the Site in order to enable you to browse and purchase Copia’s product(s) and services.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF SERVICE
- By registering for and/or using the Services in any manner, including but not limited to visiting or browsing the Site, you agree to these Terms of Service and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on the Site by us, each of which is incorporated by reference and each of which may be updated from time to time without notice to you.
- Certain Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions specified by us from time to time; your use of such Services is subject to those additional terms and conditions, which are incorporated into these Terms of Service by this reference.
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Services, including, without limitation, registered and unregistered users.
- ARBITRATION NOTICE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER: EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN THE ARBITRATION SECTION BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
You represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years of age. If you are under age 13, you may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, use the Services. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. You are solely responsible for ensuring that these Terms of Service are in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to you and the right to access the Services is revoked where these Terms of Service or use of the Services is prohibited or to the extent offering, sale or provision of the Services conflicts with any applicable law, rule or regulation. Further, the Services are offered only for your use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party.
To sign up for the Services, you must register for an account on the Services (an “Account”). You must provide accurate and complete information and keep your Account information updated. You shall not: (i) select or use as a username a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use as a username a name subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization; or (iii) use, as a username, a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account, and for keeping your Account password secure. You may never use another person’s user account or registration information for the Services without permission. You must notify us immediately of any change in your eligibility to use the Services (including any changes to or revocation of any licenses from state authorities), breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account. You should never publish, distribute or post login information for your Account. You shall have the ability to delete your Account through a request made to one of our employees.
You agree to notify us immediately of any breach in secrecy of your log-in information. If you have any reason to believe that your account information has been compromised or that your account has been accessed by a third party, you agree to immediately notify Eat Copia by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. You will be solely responsible for the losses incurred by Eat Copia and others due to any unauthorized use of your account.
I. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION
When you visit the Site, or send us e-mails, you are communicating with us electronically. In so doing, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing.
Images of people, places and/or Services posted on this Site are either the property of Eat Copia or our licensors. Unless otherwise noted, all content included on this Site, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips and written and other materials (together, with "Marks" (as defined below), "Copia Content") is the property of Eat Copia or its licensors, partners or affiliates and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of this Site is the exclusive property of Eat Copia and is protected by the United States and international intellectual property laws. Any unauthorized use of any content or materials on this Site is strictly prohibited and may violate copyright and trademark laws, and/or the laws of privacy, publicity, and/or communications regulations and statutes. You may use the materials or content on this Site only with our prior written and express authorization. To inquire about obtaining authorization to use the materials or content on this Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All trademarks, service marks, and trade names (collectively the "Marks") that appear on this Site are proprietary to Eat Copia, or the other respective owners of such Marks. You may not display or reproduce the Marks in any manner without the prior written consent of Eat Copia, and you may not remove or otherwise modify in any manner any trademark notices from any content offered or received through the Site.
III. LIMITED LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
We grant you a limited license to use the Site for personal use only. Consequently, this grant does not allow you to do any of the following: (a) resell or make any commercial use of this Site or any of the contents of this Site; (b) modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or convert into human readable form any of the contents of this Site not intended to be so read. This includes using or directly viewing the underlying HTML or other code from this Site except as interpreted and displayed in a web browser; (c) copy, imitate, mirror, reproduce, distribute, publish, download, display, perform, post or transmit any of the contents of this Site (including any Marks) in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise; or (d) use any data mining, bots, spiders, automated tools or similar data gathering and extraction methods on the contents of the Site or to collect any information from the Site or any other user of the Site.
IV. FEES, PAYMENTS, BILLING, SHIPPING & RETURNS
Certain of our Services, including the purchase of any products offered by us, may be subject to payments now or in the future (the “Paid Services”). Please see our Help / FAQ insert full link here for a description of the current Paid Services. Please note that any payment terms presented to you in the process of using or signing up for a Paid Service are deemed part of this Agreement.
We use a third-party payment processor (the “Payment Processor”) to bill you through a payment account linked to your Account on the Services (your “Billing Account”) for use of the Paid Services. The processing of payments will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Processor in addition to this Agreement. We are not responsible for errors by the Payment Processor. By choosing to use Paid Services, you agree to pay us, through the Payment Processor, all charges at the prices then in effect for any use of such Paid Services in accordance with the applicable payment terms and you authorize us, through the Payment Processor, to charge your chosen payment provider (your “Payment Method”). You agree to make payments using that selected Payment Method. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment.
The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen Payment Method. If we, through the Payment Processor, do not receive payment from you, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Billing Account upon demand.
Some of the Paid Services, such as the purchase of auto-replacing Copia organic infant formula or other products, may consist of an initial period, for which there is a one-time charge, followed by recurring period charges as agreed to by you. You will have the ability to cancel or modify your Paid Services any time after a seven day period following your first purchase to allow time for delivery. More information on auto-replacing products can be found at our Help / FAQ page. By choosing a recurring payment plan, you acknowledge that such Services have an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. All recurring payments are fully earned upon payment. WE MAY SUBMIT PERIODIC CHARGES (E.G., EVERY 30 DAYS) WITHOUT FURTHER AUTHORIZATION FROM YOU, UNTIL YOU PROVIDE PRIOR NOTICE (RECEIPT OF WHICH IS CONFIRMED BY US) THAT YOU HAVE TERMINATED THIS AUTHORIZATION OR WISH TO CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. SUCH NOTICE WILL NOT AFFECT CHARGES SUBMITTED BEFORE WE REASONABLY COULD ACT. TO TERMINATE YOUR AUTHORIZATION OR CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD, GO TO WWW.EATCOPIA.COM
CURRENT INFORMATION REQUIRED
YOU MUST PROVIDE CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION FOR YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT. YOU MUST PROMPTLY UPDATE ALL INFORMATION TO KEEP YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE (SUCH AS A CHANGE IN BILLING ADDRESS, CREDIT CARD NUMBER, OR CREDIT CARD EXPIRATION DATE), AND YOU MUST PROMPTLY NOTIFY US OR OUR PAYMENT PROCESSOR IF YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IS CANCELED (E.G., FOR LOSS OR THEFT) OR IF YOU BECOME AWARE OF A POTENTIAL BREACH OF SECURITY, SUCH AS THE UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR USE OF YOUR USER NAME OR PASSWORD. CHANGES TO SUCH INFORMATION CAN BE MADE AT WWW.EATCOPIA.COM. IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE ANY OF THE FOREGOING INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY CONTINUE CHARGING YOU FOR ANY USE OF PAID SERVICES UNDER YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU HAVE TERMINATED YOUR PAID SERVICES AS SET FORTH ABOVE.
CHANGE IN AMOUNT AUTHORIZED
If the amount to be charged to your Billing Account varies from the amount you preauthorized (other than due to the imposition or change in the amount of state sales taxes), you have the right to receive, and we shall provide, notice of the amount to be charged and the date of the charge before the scheduled date of the transaction. Any agreement you have with your payment provider will govern your use of your Payment Method. You agree that we may accumulate charges incurred and submit them as one or more aggregate charges during or at the end of each billing cycle.
AUTO-RENEWAL FOR SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES
Unless you opt out of auto-renewal, which can be done by logging into your account online or by emailing email@example.com, any subscription services, such as any auto-replacing products (“Subscription Services”), you have signed up for will be automatically extended for successive renewal periods of the same duration as the subscription term originally selected, at the then-current non-promotional rate. To change or resign your Subscription Services at any time, log in to your account online or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you terminate a Subscription Service, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current term; your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires. All fees related to Subscription Services are fully earned upon payment.
REAFFIRMATION OF AUTHORIZATION
Your non-termination or continued use of a Paid Service (including Subscription Services) reaffirms that we are authorized to charge your Payment Method for that Paid Service. We may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive our right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially selected to use the Paid Service.
TRIALS AND OTHER PROMOTIONS
Any trial or other promotion that provides access to a Paid Service (a “Trial Offer”) must be used within the specified time of the trial. You will be required to have a valid Payment Method on file in order to initiate a Trial Offer. You must stop using a Paid Service before the end of the Trial Offer period in order to avoid being charged for that Paid Service. If you cancel prior to the end of the Trial Offer Period and are inadvertently charged for a Paid Service, please contact us at email@example.com. Trial Offers are one-time only for new customers and are limited to one per household. Additional terms and limitations may apply and will be more fully explained at the time you sign up for the Trial Offer. Any such additional terms and limitations are deemed part of this Agreement.
We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your membership. If you wish to terminate your Account, you may do so by contacting customer support by phone at +1 888-888-8888 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable. All provisions of these Terms of Service which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
The price for any Products ("Products") or Paid Services available for purchase through the Site will be displayed to you on the Site. The prices displayed do not include taxes. Any applicable taxes will be communicated to you before you place an order.
United States Dollars. All monetary transactions on the Site take place in U.S. dollars.
- (a) Returns. Due to the nature of the Products, Eat Copia does not accept returns or exchanges. All sales are final.
- (b) Exchanges. We do not accept any Product exchanges.
- (c) Damaged Products. If the Product arrives damaged ("Damaged Product"), Eat Copia will accept returns for a full refund only in accordance with the Return Procedures below. Once Eat Copia confirms that you received a Damaged Product that was returned in accordance with the Return Procedures below, your sole and exclusive remedy is that (a) we will issue a refund to your credit card or PayPal account in the amount charged for the Damaged Product (if your credit card or PayPal account has already been charged for the Product) or (b) we will not charge your credit card or PayPal account for the Damaged Product. The refunded amount will include the applicable Delivery Fee.
- (d) Return Procedures. All returns must be made within 7 days after the Product shipment date. All returned Products must be unused and unopened and returned in accordance with the instructions received from contacting customer service at email@example.com. Unauthorized returns will not be refunded or credited to your account, and we may handle or dispose of those products as we see fit in our sole discretion.
When you place an order for Products through the Site, the Products will be shipped to the address you designate as the "Shipping Address" during the checkout process.
We do not ship internationally at this time.
V. GIFT AND OFFER CODES
From time to time, Eat Copia may offer qualified consumers "gift codes" or "offer codes" through a variety of promotional activities and communications (collectively referred to herein as "offer codes") that are redeemable towards a purchase on eatcopia.com, while supplies last, and subject to certain exclusions or any other restrictions as may be determined and communicated by Eat Copia in its sole discretion. Only valid offer codes provided or promoted by Eat Copia will be honored at checkout. Codes supplied or promoted by third parties unauthorized by Eat Copia (including any unauthorized third party websites) will not be considered valid. Each offer code promoted by Eat Copia is non-transferable and valid for single use on an item (or items) of merchandise as determined by Eat Copia. Offer codes may not be combined and may not be used in conjunction with the Eat Copia Referral Program, and customers are limited to the use of a single offer code per order. Offer codes cannot be used towards purchase of non-branded merchandise, packaging or applicable taxes. For online purchases, the code must be entered in the 'offer code' field at checkout. Eat Copia is not responsible for lost, stolen or corrupted codes or any unauthorized use of codes. Offer codes cannot be redeemed for cash or any cash equivalent; no substitutions or credits allowed. The dollar value of any offer code will not be refunded or credited back if any or all of the merchandise is returned. Expiry dates may apply to each offer code. Offer codes are void if copied, transferred, sold, exchanged or expired, and where prohibited. Requests not complying with all offer code requirements will not be honored.
We appreciate hearing from our users and welcome your comments regarding the Site. Please be advised, however, that if you send us creative ideas, suggestions, inventions, or materials ("Creative Ideas"), we will (a) own, exclusively, all now known or later discovered rights to the Creative Ideas; (b) not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality and will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Creative Ideas; and (c) be entitled to unrestricted use of the Creative Ideas for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or any other person.
VII. CONTENT YOU SUBMIT TO EAT COPIA
From time to time, Eat Copia may allow you to post reviews, comments, photos, or similar materials on the Site (collectively, "Reviews"). We welcome your comments regarding our Products and Services, including our Site. However, any Reviews you submit to Eat Copia must not harass, slander, malign, libel, defame, threaten, or otherwise violate any rights of any third-parties and must not include any profanity, obscene, indecent, pornographic, defamatory or unlawful material.
By posting a Review on the Site, you hereby grant Eat Copia an unrestricted, assignable, sublicensable, perpetual royalty-free, fully paid up license throughout the world to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, transmit, communicate to the public, publicly perform on a through-to- the-audience basis, create derivative works from, and otherwise use and exploit (collectively, "Use") all Reviews you post to the Site, for any purpose, including promoting and marketing Eat Copia and the Products and Services. You further grant Eat Copia a royalty-free license to Use the name, image, and likeness of any person identifiable in any Review you post to the Site. By posting a Review, you waive any and all rights of publicity, privacy or any other rights of a similar nature, in addition to any moral rights you may have in your Review. Except for materials provided to you by Eat Copia through the Site, you represent, warrant, and covenant that (i) you either are the sole and exclusive owner of Reviews that you post to the Site, or you have all rights, licenses, consents, and releases that are necessary to grant to Eat Copia the rights in your Reviews as contemplated under the Terms, and (ii) the Reviews you post to the Site do not (A) infringe, misappropriate or violate the rights of any party or entity, including a third party's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights, rights of publicity, rights of privacy or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, (B) constitute or result in defamation, libel, slander, or the violation of any applicable law or regulation (including, without limitation, restrictions on obscenity, child pornography, wiretap laws or other similar restrictions on nonconsensual recording, or otherwise), or (C) require Eat Copia to obtain any licenses from or make any payments in any amounts to any third party throughout the world.
No Objectionable Content. You agree not to submit Reviews that: (i) are or could be interpreted to be infringing, defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, offensive, obscene, pornographic, objectionable, hateful, or promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, or hatred, as determined by Eat Copia in its sole discretion; or (ii) introduce viruses, time-bombs, worms, cancel bots, Trojan Horses and/or other harmful or malicious code.
VIII. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials posted on the Site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Eat Copia a "Notification of Claimed Infringement" requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the works that have been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- Identification of the specific material alleged to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Eat Copia to locate the material on the Site;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address (if available);
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send Eat Copia a counter-notice.
Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Site should be sent to 1000 Liberty Park Dr, Suite 204, Austin, TX, 78746 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Consult your legal advisor and see 17 U.S.C. § 512 before filing a notice or counter-notice as there are penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
IX. USE OF THE SITE
- attempt to interfere with, harm, reverse engineer, steal from, or gain unauthorized access to the Site, user accounts, or the technology and equipment supporting the Site;
- frame or link to the Site without permission;
- use data mining, robots, or other data gathering devices on or through the Site;
- post incomplete, false, or misleading information, impersonate another person, or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- disclose personal information about another person or harass, abuse, or post objectionable material;
- sell, transfer, or assign any of your rights to use the Site to a third party without our express written consent;
- post advertising or marketing links or content, except as specifically allowed by these Terms;
- use the Site in an illegal way or to commit an illegal act in relation to the Site or that otherwise results in fines, penalties, and other liability to Eat Copia or others; or
- access the Site from a jurisdiction where it is illegal or unauthorized.
We do not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of content, posted by third parties. You accept that any reliance on material posted by third-party service providers will be at your own risk. By using the Site you accept the risk that you might be exposed to content that is objectionable or otherwise inappropriate. We may change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time, including hours of operation or availability of the Site or any feature, without notice or liability.
User Disputes. We are not responsible for any disputes or disagreements between you and any third party you interact with using the Site. You assume all risk associated with dealing with third parties. You agree to resolve disputes directly with the other party. You release Eat Copia of all claims, demands, and damages in disputes among users of the Site. You also agree not to involve us in such disputes. Use caution and common sense when using the Site.
Content Accuracy. We make no representations about accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any contents of the Site. Similarly, we make no representations about accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any data from a third-party service provider or the quality or nature of third-party products or services obtained through the Services. Use the Site at your own risk.
We make no promises and disclaim all liability of specific results from the use of the Site.
Released Parties Defined. "Released Parties" include Eat Copia and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, and licensors. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND THE RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AS TO PRODUCTS OR SERVICES LISTED ON THE SITE, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; (B) THE RELEASED PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY GOODS OR SERVICE AVAILABLE ON THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, OR (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED; AND (C) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
XI. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE RELEASED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH, FROM, OR AS A RESULT OF THE SITE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE; (v) YOUR RELIANCE ON CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE BY US; OR (vi) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, THE RELEASED PARTIES' MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE BY US, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $100.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claims, actions, or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from (i) your use of or reliance on any third-party content, (ii) your use of or reliance on any Eat Copia Content, or (iii) your breach of these Terms. We will provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." If you are a resident of another jurisdiction, you waive any comparable statute or doctrine.
XIII. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS. These Terms and the relationship between you and Eat Copia will be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Eat Copia agree to submit to the personal and exclusive arbitration of any disputes relating to your use of the Site under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such arbitration, to the extent necessary, will be conducted in Travis County in the State of Texas. You covenant not to sue Eat Copia in any other forum.
You also acknowledge and understand that, with respect to any dispute with the Released Parties arising out of or relating to your use of the Site, purchase of Products or Services, or these Terms:
- YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE A TRIAL BY JURY
- YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO SERVE AS A REPRESENTATIVE, AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, OR IN ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY; AND
- YOU MUST FILE ANY CLAIM WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM AROSE OR IT IS FOREVER BARRED.
YOU AND COMPANY AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND COMPANY AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S OR PARTY'S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY'S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S).
Notwithstanding any of these Terms, we reserve the right, without notice or attendant liability, and in our sole discretion, to terminate your license to use this Site, and to block or prevent future access to and use of this Site for any reason or no reason. Upon termination, these Terms will still apply.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO UPDATE AND REVISE THESE TERMS AT ANY TIME.
From time to time we review these Terms to ensure that they comply with applicable law. Consequently, we reserve the right to update and revise these Terms at any time. You will know if these Terms have been revised since your last visit to the website by referring to the "Effective Date of Current Policy" date at the top of this page; provided, however, that we will endeavor to provide you with prior notice of any material changes. Your use of our website constitutes your acceptance of the terms of these Terms as amended or revised by us from time to time, and you should therefore review these Terms regularly to ensure that you are aware of its terms.
Our failure to partially or fully exercise any rights or our waiver of any breach of these Terms by user shall not prevent our subsequent exercise of such right or be deemed a waiver by us of any subsequent breach by you of the same or any other term of these Terms. Our rights and remedies under these Terms and any other applicable agreement between you and us shall be cumulative, and the exercise of any such right or remedy shall not limit our right to exercise any other right or remedy.
If any of these Terms is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term will be severed and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term or condition.
XVIII. NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA USERS
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, users of the Service from California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445- 1254 or (800) 952-5210. You may contact us at Eat Copia, Inc., 1000 Liberty Park Dr Suite 204, Austin, TX 78746
XIX. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the user and Eat Copia with respect to this Site and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written with respect to this Site. A printed version of these Terms and of any notice given in electronic form will be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Advocates may participate in the Program made available by Copia in order to refer their Friends to Copia as potential Copia customers. To do this, Advocates must necessarily submit personal information about themselves and their Friends, such as name and e-mail address information, so that Copia can send communications to the Friends on the Advocates’ behalf. The personal information will be collected, processed and used in accordance with Copia’s Privacy Statement, which can be found at insert full link here. Advocates understand that, in addition to the initial communications to Friends, Copia may also use the personal information to send to Friends additional follow-up communications on behalf of the Advocates in order to encourage or remind the Friends to complete a purchase. The personal information may also be used by Copia to contact Advocates with regards to their participation in the Program and to send to Advocates additional communications from Copia.
III. Content Ownership and Use.
- Copia’s online platform and the Program contain content that includes: designs, text, graphics, images, video, information, logos, button icons, software, audio files, computer code, and other content (collectively, "Content"). As between Advocate and Copia, all Content is the property of Eat Copia or its licensors and is protected under copyright, trademark, and other laws. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all Content on Copia’s online platform or the Program is the exclusive property of Eat Copia and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws.
- License to You
- Copia authorizes you, subject to these terms, to access and use Copia’s online platform, the Program, and the Content solely for your personal, noncommercial use. This license is revocable at any time without notice and with or without cause. Unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, and applicable communications regulations and statutes and is strictly prohibited. You must preserve all copyright, trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content on any copy you make of it.
- The registered or unregistered logos, product and service names contained in Copia’s online platform or the Program are or may be trademarks of Copia or its licensors (the "Marks"). Without Copia’s prior written permission, and except as solely enabled by any link as provided by Copia, you agree not to display or use in any manner the Marks.
- By participating in the Program, Advocates agree to:
- Defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Copia, its parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, together with their respective employees, directors, officers, licensees, licensors, shareholders, attorneys and agents including, without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, operation or administration of the Program (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses caused by, arising out of, in connection with, or related to Advocates’ participation in the Program (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s) and/or the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of the Program or any Reward); and
- Copia shall not be liable for:
- Late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unreliable, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission;
- Telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors;
- Data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials;
- Any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any websites or materials associated with the referral program; or
- Claims, demands, and damages in disputes among Advocates or between Advocates and Friends; or
- Any other injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a reward, or from participation in the Program, that were not reasonably foreseeable to Copia at the relevant time.
- Copia disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Program, and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Program should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond Copia’s control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Program.
- Copia shall not be liable to any Advocate for failure to supply any Reward or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasigovernmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, tornado, tsunami, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slowdown, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond any of the released parties' control.
- Copia reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Program should Copia determine, in its sole discretion, that the administration, security or fairness of the Program has been compromised in any way.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- ADVOCATES EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE PROGRAM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK; THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND COPIA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND TERMS (COLLECTIVELY, "PROMISES") OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR CUSTOM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AS TO PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT; (B) COPIA MAKES AND GIVES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE, (ii) THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE PROGRAM WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (iv) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED; AND (C) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- Limitation of Liability and Indemnification
- ADVOCATES EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE COPIA(INCLUDING ANY VENDORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH OR ASSISTING IN PROVIDING THE PROGRAM) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF COPIA WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH, FROM, OR AS A RESULT OF THE PROGRAM; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR THROUGH THE PROGRAM; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE PROGRAM. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, COPIA'S (INCLUDING ANY VENDORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS) MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), SHALL NOT EXCEED $100 USD.
- ADVOCATES SHOULD USE THE PROGRAM AT THEIR OWN RISK.
Participation in the Program or acceptance of a Reward constitutes permission to Copia to use any Advocate's first and last name, company name, Copia profile information, statements, biographical information, city and state address, social media activity and/or public online content for any and all promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the program, on a worldwide basis and in all forms of media without review, permission or further compensation of any amount or kind whatsoever, where and to the greatest extent permitted by applicable law.
- If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Program after the occurrence of Prohibited Conduct (as defined below), Copia reserves the right to cancel, change, or suspend the Program.
- Prohibited Conduct, Generally
- Advocates agree not to use the Program to:
- Violate applicable law;
- Infringe the intellectual property rights of Copia or any third parties;
- Stalk, harass, or harm another individual;
- Collect or store personal data about other Advocates;
- Impersonate any person or otherwise misrepresent Advocate's identity;
- Interfere with, disrupt or violate the Terms and Conditions or servers or networks connected to the Program; or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of such networks;
- Interfere with another Advocate's use of the Program;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Program, other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Program;
- Transmit any file that contains viruses, worms, trojan horses, or any other contaminating or destructive features;
- Conduct any illegal activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity that infringes the rights of others;
- Resell, barter, trade, auction or otherwise generate income by providing access to the Program to others.
- Bulk Distribution ("Spam")
- If an Advocate provides a Personal Link/Personalized Referral Link to a Friend by email, the email must be created and distributed in a personal manner that is appropriate and customary for communications with friends, colleagues and family members.
- Bulk email distribution, distribution to strangers, or any other promotion of a Personal Link/Personalized Link in a manner that would constitute or appear to constitute unsolicited commercial email or "spam" in Copia’s sole discretion is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate termination of the Advocate's account and deactivation of the personal link. Copia has a no-tolerance spam policy.
- Copia has no obligation to monitor the content provided by Advocates; however, Copia may choose to do so and block any email messages, remove any such content, or prohibit any use of the Program.
- While Copia is the actual sender of the referral email, each Advocate must nonetheless comply with applicable law. Advocates who do not comply with the law, including antispam laws, are obligated to indemnify Copia and all of the Released Parties against any liabilities, costs and expenses incurred as a results of such violation.
- Fraudulent and Suspicious Behavior
- Copia may prohibit an Advocate from participating in the Program or receiving a Credit or Reward, in Copia’s sole discretion, if Copia determines that such Advocate is attempting to undermine the fairness, integrity or legitimate operation of the Program in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Advocates or any representatives of Copia.
- Use of any affiliate website, affiliate network properties, automated systems, script, or macro to participate is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- Advocates may not enter with multiple or fake emails addresses or accounts, use fictitious identities or use any system, bot or other device or artifice to participate in the Program or receive a Reward.
- Copia reserves the right to disqualify any Advocate and/or cancel any Reward(s) if Copia finds an Advocate to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Program or violating these Terms and Conditions in any way.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, FLEX RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
VII. Suggestions and Submissions.
- Copia appreciates hearing from users and welcomes your comments regarding the Program. Please be advised, however, that Copia does not accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, inventions, or materials ("Creative Ideas") other than those which we have specifically requested. While Copia values your feedback on the program, please be specific in your comments and do not submit Creative Ideas. If, despite this request, you send Copia Creative Ideas, Copia:
- Shall own, exclusively, all now known or later discovered rights to the Creative Ideas;
- Shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality and shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Creative Ideas; and
- Shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Creative Ideas for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or any other person.
VIII. Applicable Law; Arbitration; Class Waiver; and Waiver of Jury Trial.
- Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to the Program or any Reward or other prize awarded pursuant to the Program or to this agreement shall be resolved under Texas law (without reference to its conflicts of laws principles).
- Advocates and Copia agree to submit to the personal and exclusive arbitration of any disputes relating to the use of Copia’s online platform or the Program under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such arbitration, to the extent necessary, shall be conducted within Travis County in the state of Texas. Advocates covenant not to sue or otherwise bring a claim against Copia in any other forum.
- Advocates also acknowledge and understand that, with respect to any dispute with the Released Parties arising out of or relating to Advocates' use of the Program or this agreement:
- ADVOCATES ARE GIVING UP THEIR RIGHT TO HAVE A TRIAL BY JURY; and
- ADVOCATES ARE GIVING UP THEIR RIGHT TO SERVE AS A REPRESENTATIVE, AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, OR IN ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY, OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF A CLASS OF CLAIMANTS, IN ANY LAWSUIT INVOLVING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.
IX. General Terms.
These terms constitute the entire agreement between Advocates and Copia concerning Advocates' use of the Program. The failure of Copia to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, Copia and Advocates nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the intentions reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of these terms shall remain in full force and effect. The section titles in these terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. A person who is not a party to these terms shall have no right to enforce or receive the benefit of any of these terms.